Are you looking to join a casual football game but don’t know where to start?
Since 2013, Footy Addicts have been connecting football lovers in the UK with local games of all shapes and sizes. As a result, we’ve grown from zero to over 3000 monthly casual football games.
What’s our secret? We love playing footy.
Our mission is to make playing football easy and accessible for everyone, while promoting fair play and positive sportsmanship.
In this guide, you’ll learn:
- Footy Addicts Basics. What to expect?
- What Footy Addicts’ Code of Conduct is
Footy Addicts Basics. What to expect?
Playing with Footy Addicts is a great way to get your weekly game in away from the stresses of daily life! Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your experience:
Before the game
- 📖 Read the game description before signing up for a game to understand the format, rules, duration, and any other relevant information.
- 📈 Most Footy Addicts games are co-ed and welcome players of all levels, unless the game has specific tags such as #Competitive or #Womenonly
- 👕 Arrive 10 mins early, ready to play with a light and dark shirt so we can quickly split into teams without faffing around with bibs. Let’s get straight to the game!
On the pitch
- 🤝 If you’re playing with new teammates , make sure to introduce yourself to the group. We guarantee you will have a better game if you know each other’s names!
- 🗣Speak to the Game Host for any rule clarifications or questions about the game. They can be identified on the game page and are available before and during the game to address any concerns. While they are not referees, they ensure the game runs smoothly.
- 🦵 Remember to stretch and warm up before the game. You don’t wanna pull a muscle and cut short your 1 hour of pure footy freedom.
- 👀 Late to the game? Drop a comment and let the group know. Remember, the more players we have on time, the more time we have to play the beautiful game!
- 🤌 It’s all about teamwork on the pitch. Pass that ball like it’s hot, move like you’re on fire, and cheer on your teammates.
- ⚽️ Balls are a global currency. Please go get it if it goes over.
- 📣 Keep an eye on the game page. The organiser may provide important updates. Make sure to check it regularly so you’re aware of it.
- 😁 Most importantly, arrive with a positive attitude and don’t take yourself too seriously. We’re all just out here trying to kick a ball around and have a laugh.
Respect the game
It’s important to us that everyone who joins us on the pitch follows our code of conduct and plays fair. We believe that respecting your fellow players and the game itself is just as important as having fun on the pitch.
Footy Addicts’ Code of Conduct
Now let’s talk about our code of conduct and why it’s so important. We’ve got a list of do’s and don’ts to keep the games fun and fair for everyone involved. If you don’t follow the code of conduct, there may be sanctions in place. That being said, we encourage everyone to play with integrity and respect for one another.
- Arrive 10 mins before kick-off and inform the game host if you are running late.
- Promote Fair Play and follow the Laws of The Game
- Communicate respectfully with the host, teammates and opponents.
- Retrieve any balls kicked out of the pitch immediately.
- Be cooperative with the Organiser.
- Disrupt the game by arriving late or leaving early without a valid reason (e.g., injury).
- Enter dangerous challenges or use unnecessary force that could hurt opponents.
- Use offensive, insulting, or abusive language or engage in aggressive or violent behaviour.
- Spit near teammates or opponents.
- Smoke or consume alcohol prior to or on-site of any venue.
Sanctions for not following the code of conduct at casual football games
We take the safety and enjoyment of our players seriously, and we reserve the right to take action against anyone who violates our code of conduct. Sanctions for not following the code of conduct may include:
- Warning or suspension from the game
- Permanent ban from Footy Addicts community
- Also, reporting the incident to the relevant authorities, if necessary
By following our code of conduct, you can help create a safe and enjoyable playing environment for all.
It’s time to wrap up this article. Just a friendly reminder to keep things fair and follow our code of conduct when coming down to Footy Addicts games. We’re all about spreading positivity and having a good time, so, come join us for a kickabout and experience the magic of casual football firsthand. Cheers, and see you on the pitch!
By the way, we’re writing more guides to help you find casual football games in different cities, so feel free to explore top football pitches in: